Sunday, April 15, 2012

Me, Myself and I - First Solo Batulao CLimb


I was very eager to bring my girlfriend with me in climbing a mountain. So as for her first time, we’ve chosen Mt. Batulao. Since it will also be my first time in Mt. Batulao, i went on a solo climb to be familiar with the path.
I planned on departing Batangas early to have lots of time since it will be my first, and I can have all the time I want. The sun greeted me warmly and seen such a great sight along my way to Nasugbu.



And in no time I reached Evercrest. There, I left my scooter beside the guard house, sign in the log book, then started walking. And as I keep on walking, I found out that there are pay-parking area inside, which could really save me a lot of walking hehe. Children approaches greeting me a good morning and asking me if I wanted them to guide me. But I said thanks, but im gonna  do this on my own hehe. And they just greeted me back, ”ingat po kayo”.

Then I happen to walk with an old man, who’s going to check his cows and goats. We had some exchange of short stories. Then we parted, and I continue on my trekking. Then I caught up with 3 fellow climbers. We’ve walked together till we reached the first stop over, the junction between the old and the new trail.



We rested for a while, they decided that they will take the new trail because they have a child with them. And we parted as I continue my trekking at the old trail. At first I was running and jogging, jumping through obstacles. Then I no time, I reached the station 1. I met, Mang Pael, the caretaker in old trail. I registered in the log book and also got his cellphone number for future climbs. So I bid thanks and continue walking. 

Then as I passed station 2, all the running and jumping are now taking its toll. I checked the summit and found out that from this point onward, it will all be steep climbs.
From Station 3, I think for every few steps my legs are crumbling. I slowed my pace down. I made my steps smaller and much precise as I was dealing with the rocky portion of the mountain. Then ive reached a part where there’s a rope hanging. At first it scares me, do I really need to climb here? I felt afraid. What if I fall? No one would see me. Scary....


But I wanted to reach the summit, so I prayed for Guidance. And thanks God, ive passed that portion safely. Then just a few more climbs and I reached the summit!!!

summit at last!!

The feeling was very great!! The wind was blowing hard, the sight was awesome. The view up there is really breath-taking. Then more fellow climbers arrived, including the 3 fellows I met earlier. 

Took some more photos, ate my snacks and bid farewell to them. Started the descend alone again. The way on the new trail was also pretty straight forward. And in no time, ive reached the registration point for new trail. Since im in a hurry, I only rested for a bit and continue heading down.

The climb was really great. Now im ready to bring my girlfriend back to Mt. Batulao :D

Some more pictures from the climb :













No comments:

Post a Comment